Want an easy way to incorporate reading and science while reviewing adaptations in plants and animals? This Adaptations Around the World reader’s theater is an original science play I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students, but it may also be used to reinforce science information, to add variety to the reading block, or to help students practice reading fluency with repeated readings.
This reader’s theater is filled with lots of scientific information about plant and animal adaptations around the globe, but it’s also high interest and one your students will LOVE!
ADAPTATIONS AROUND THE WORLD INCLUDES THESE SCIENCE CONCEPTS:
• Plant and Animal Adaptations in Different Ecosystems:
1.Temperate Deciduous Forest
• Physical and Behavioral Adaptations
• Long Legs, Big Ears
• Saving Food for Winter
• Blubber and Fur
• Camouflage Color and Texture
• Regrow Tentacles
• Bright Colors – Poisonous/Bad Taste
• Cactus Spines
• Sleep Underground – Nocturnal
• Water Intake
• Torpor (Hibernation at Night)
• Bendable Plants
• Wildfire Survival and more!
Specifically, it includes:
10 Page Play with 30 parts
11 Pages of Teacher Notes which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, suggested songs, and more.
SAVE MORE AND GET MORE with this money saving bundle of 3 science plays:
Reader’s Theater Science Bundle 2: Adaptations, Physics, Weathering & Erosion
WANT THE BEST DEAL? This Reader’s Theater Science Bundle has 6 science plays:
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It’s a great way to integrate science and reading.
- It helps reinforce scientific information about weathering, erosion, and deposition.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular (oldies but goodies) songs which may be added for full productions, like Octopus’s Garden by the Beatles!
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency.
Teaching an introductory physics unit? You’ll love this one!
Force and Motion at the Amusement Park
Want a science play to help teach about weathering, erosion, and deposition?
Dude, Where’s My Rock? Reader’s Theater
Here are the other three more science plays:
Reader’s Theater: Weather Science Play
Reader’s Theater: Solar System Science Play
Reader’s Theater Rocks and Minerals Science Play
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reader’s Theater Science Bundle!!! It has the Weather, Solar System, and Rocks and Minerals Science Plays! (Click Here)
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
There are no reviews yet.