File Size: 4 MB
This Reader’s Theater Science Bundle includes three original plays: I Wanna be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, and the Solar System. Each script has enough parts (30) for the whole class and is great to use as part of a science unit, for fluency practice, or to add variety to your reading program. The best part about these plays is that besides being full of scientific information, they are so much fun for kids to perform!
Specifically, this bundle includes: 3 Reader’s Theaters Scripts:
- I Wanna be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals)
- The Weather Play
- The Solar System Saga
Detailed Teacher Notes for each which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, suggested songs, and more.
If you’d like to read a summary of each play, you can look at them individually here:
Reader’s Theater: I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals)
Reader’s Theater: Weather
Reader’s Theater: Solar System
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It’s a great way to reinforce scientific information.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but the plays can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The plays can be used as grand productions for the whole school or for a parent night or they may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the plays and enjoy reading them.
- There are suggested popular songs which may be added for full productions, like Aquarius for the Solar System, We Will Rock You for I Wanna be a Rock Star, or Mr. Blue Skies for the Weather Play.
- The plays are a great way to integrate science and reading.
- The plays are a great tool to practice fluency.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.