Want to supplement your science lessons using a science-rich reader’s theater for weathering, erosion, and deposition concepts? This Dude, Where’s My Rock? reader’s theater is an original science play I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students. It can also be used to introduce or reinforce science information, to add variety to the reading block, or to help students practice reading fluency with repeated readings.
This science play is filled with solid scientific information about weathering, erosion, and deposition, but it’s also high interest and full of humor!
DUDE, WHERE’S MY ROCK? INCLUDES THESE EARTH SCIENCE CONCEPTS:
• Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition on the Beach
• How Weathering Occurs
• Small Animals
• How Erosion Occurs
• Ice – Glaciers
• Meaning of Deposition
• Fast Changes in the Earth
• Slow Changes in the Earth
Specifically, it includes:
8 Page Play with 30 parts
11 Pages of Teacher Notes which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, suggested songs, and more.
SAVE MORE AND GET MORE with this money saving bundle of 3 science plays:
Reader’s Theater Science Bundle 2: Adaptations, Physics, Weathering & Erosion
WANT THE BEST DEAL? This Reader’s Theater Science Bundle has 6 science plays:
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It’s a great way to integrate science and reading.
- It helps reinforce scientific information about weathering, erosion, and deposition.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular (oldies but goodies) songs which may be added for full productions, like Octopus’s Garden by the Beatles!
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency.
Teaching an introductory physics unit? You’ll love this one!
Force and Motion at the Amusement Park
Teaching about plant and animal adaptations? Here’s another science play for you:
Adaptations Around the World Reader’s Theater
Here are the other three more science plays:
Reader’s Theater: Weather Science Play
Reader’s Theater: Solar System Science Play
Reader’s Theater Rocks and Minerals Science Play
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reader’s Theater Science Bundle!!! It has the Weather, Solar System, and Rocks and Minerals Science Plays! (Click Here)
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
There are no reviews yet.