Looking for a way to save time by incorporating reading and science? Want to give your students meaningful and fun fluency practice? This Reader’s Theater Science Bundle can help you accomplish all those goals! It includes six original plays: I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, the Solar System, Adaptations Around the World, Dude, Where’s My Rock (weathering, erosion, and deposition), and Force and Motion at the Amusement Park (introductory physics).
Each script has enough parts (30) for the whole class but can be modified to work with smaller groups.
You can use the reader’s theater scripts to introduce or review a science unit for fluency, and to add variety to your reading program. Your students will learn and review important science information while having fun! The stories are high interest and are packed with humor too!
Specifically, this bundle includes:
6 Reader’s Theaters Scripts:
- I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals)
- The Weather Play
- The Solar System Saga
- Adaptations Around the World
- Dude, Where’s My Rock (weathering, erosion, and deposition)
- Force and Motion at the Amusement Park (introductory physics).
Detailed Teacher Notes for each science play which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, stage decorations, suggested songs, and more!
If you’d like to read a summary of each play, you can look at them individually here:
Reader’s Theater: I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals)
Reader’s Theater: Weather
Reader’s Theater: Solar System
Adaptations Around the World Reader’s Theater
Dude, Where’s My Rock? Reader’s Theater
Force and Motion at the Amusement Park Reader’s Theater
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It’s a great way to reinforce scientific information.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but the plays can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The plays can be used as grand productions for the whole school or for a parent night or they may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the plays and enjoy reading them.
- There are suggested popular songs which may be added for full productions, like Aquarius for the Solar System, We Will Rock You for I Wanna be a Rock Star, or Mr. Blue Skies for the Weather Play.
- The plays are a great way to integrate science and reading.
- The plays are a great tool to practice fluency.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
There are no reviews yet.