Do your students struggle to add details to their paragraph writing? Since directly teaching my students four basic types of details and having them practice examining and adding details in a variety of ways, I’ve been amazed at their progress!
This Details in Paragraph Writing resource includes two formats: print and digital, to give you greater flexibility in teaching and learning formats. Besides guided activities and review sheets for details, there are three detail sorts, posters, and more to help your students write better details to reinforce the supporting ideas and the topic sentence.
✅ What’s included? ✅
Types of Details Reference Sheet
12 Details in Paragraphs Worksheets:
1. Details to Discuss (a whole class lesson)
2. Details to Examine
3. Examine Details (a whole class discussion)
4. Attention to Details
5. Which One Doesn’t Belong?
6. Which One Doesn’t Explain the Supporting Idea?
7. Can You Identify It? (Find the topic sentence, supporting idea, and detail)
8. Which One Is It?
9. Add a Detail
10. Adding Details
11. It’s All in the Details
12. Planning a Paragraph (a template for organizing a paragraph)
3 Sorts – Match the details to the supporting ideas
- Lake Tahoe
- Making a Garden
8 Details Posters
Teacher Notes (10 detailed pages full of information)
LINKS on the Teacher Notes PDF
⭐ HUGE SAVINGS ⭐ SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the very comprehensive Complete Paragraph Bundle!!! (Click Here)
The Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle also includes: (All are Print and Digital)
Paragraph Color Coding and Outlining
Topic Sentences Packet: Paragraph Writing
Transitions in Writing Packet
Conclusions Packet: Paragraph Writing
❤️ Why you’ll love this resource: ❤️:
- It guides you through the detail part of the paragraph writing process in an organized, easy-to-follow method to save you time.
- Directly teaching a writing skill in isolation allows your students to more fully understand how to create details to add additional information to their paragraphs before being asked to write one.
- Flexible Learning Options: With print and digital, you’ll enjoy the freedom to choose the best option for your classroom – no matter what the world throws at you! Perfect for the classroom or homeschool.
- The worksheets give your students concentrated practice with this skill while working on it in a variety of activities.
- Your students will love the details sorting activities!
- The details posters provide a nice visual reference for students!
⭐ Have a question? Reach out to us at: [email protected]
©The Teacher Next Door™
One purchase allows one teacher or homeschool parent to use this product in their own classroom. To share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Remember, this resource should only be placed on password-protected websites like Google Classroom™ or SeeSaw and not made available on public platforms or district servers.