Looking for a way to make teaching paragraph writing so much easier? Want to help your students write well-crafted paragraphs? This Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle (How to Write a Paragraph) in both print and digital uses Explicit Writing to help you teach each part of the paragraph in a direct way! It combines four of my very popular writing strategy sets: Paragraph Color Coding and Outlining, Topic Sentences, Transitions in Writing, and Conclusion Sentences. Everything you need is here to help your students truly understand how to create meaningful paragraphs and to give you writing instruction success!
This bundle includes: (All in print and digital)
- Paragraph Color Coding and Outlining Worksheets, and Posters
- Topic Sentence Worksheets, Posters, and a Game
- Transitions Worksheets and Posters
- Conclusion Sentences Worksheets and Posters
I’ve been teaching paragraph writing for years and really love using the Explicit Writing method more than any other I’ve seen. It teaches students a specific recipe for writing and gives them the tools they need to take that recipe and make it their own. This method has been successful in my classroom, and in tens of thousands of classrooms, and I think you’ll find it useful for your classroom as well.
To see each set in more detail, please check these out: (All are print and digital)
- Topic Sentences Packet
- Conclusions Packet
- Paragraph Color Coding and Outlining
- Transitions in Writing Packet
Teaching Students How to Write a Complete Paragraph Has its Benefits!
- Directly teaching students each part of the paragraph using Explicit Writing helps your students to fully understand paragraph construction before being asked to write one.
- The unit comes in a digital version that’s easy to assign and easy to use in Google Classroom™ for maximum flexibility.
- This unit works well in the classroom, for homeschool, or for distance learning.
- After color-coding example paragraphs, your students will look at paragraphs in a whole new way!
- With this resource, students get concentrated practice with each skill, with multiple practice sheets or slides.
- The paragraph structure posters provide a visual reference for students!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
⭐ The best thing about this resource is that it gives STRATEGIES for writing topic sentences and conclusions. That seems to be the biggest challenge for my students. Other resources I bought simply provided examples of topic sentences/conclusions and then asked students to write their own (no instruction or strategies on how to go about doing that). I LOVE the strategies and gradual release of responsibility with this product. Thanks!! Exactly what I was looking for! (Jessica J.)
⭐ Well laid out and organized. This helped my students write amazing topic sentences, and they are on their way to writing amazing paragraphs! (Stephanie R.)
⭐ This was exactly what I needed to help my struggling writers. This creates a visual that my students needed. Now there is no excuse in their writing when I am looking for certain elements. So easy to implement in the classroom. Very worth it. (Shannon P.)
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]
*THIS RESOURCE IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. YOU WILL RECEIVE THIS RESOURCE IN PDF FORM. NO HARD COPY WILL BE MAILED TO YOU. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING THIS RESOURCE FOR USE WITH STUDENTS.
There are no reviews yet.