***PLEASE NOTE: This task card set is also included in my 3rd Grade Main Idea and Supporting Details Unit:
Main Ideas and Supporting Details for Third Grade
Need another grade?
Main Ideas, Supporting Details, and Summary Unit for 4th and 5th Grades
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with the main idea, so students get multiple opportunities to identify the main idea in one time frame.
- The digital version has 4 smaller sets of 8 and is self-grading in Google Forms™,
- These make a perfect activity for centers, whole-class, one on one, or for distance learning.
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students. Students get repeated practice in a shorter amount of time.
- The task cards have a variety of engaging passages your students will enjoy!
- Students view task cards as more of a game, which makes them fun!
- It’s easy to turn the cards into an actual game or center by adding a tic-tac-toe on a whiteboard or by adding a board game like Sorry, Jenga, Chutes and Ladders, and more!
Looking for more Main Idea passages, task cards, and games? This Main Idea Kit is differentiated for 3rd – 5th!
Main Ideas, Supporting Details and Summary for 4th and 5th Grades
Looking for completely digital Main Idea units for Google Classroom? These have original content and are interactive with moveable pieces:
3rd Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
4th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
5th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may not be placed on the internet (except in a password-protected website for students, like Google Classroom™), on a school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].