This print and digital set of 32 Christmas Synonyms and Antonyms Task Cards will help your students enrich their vocabulary by identifying synonyms and antonyms with a holiday theme. Each task card includes a vocabulary word within a sentence and asks students to write either a related synonym or antonym.
This resource includes:
Digital Task Cards in 2 smaller sets for easy assigning
32 Synonym and Antonym Task Cards
Task Cards Record Sheet
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
***PLEASE NOTE that these task cards are also included in my complete Christmas Literacy Set which has lots of passages, poetry, and writing activities for 4th and 5th graders.
Christmas Literacy Set for 4th and 5th
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with synonyms and antonyms.
- The print and digital versions give you as a busy teacher more flexibility in teaching.
- It’s a great (and easy to prep) activity for December that your students will enjoy!
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students, but still offer focused practice.
- You can easily make these task cards into a center or a whole class game by adding a white board with a tic-tac-toe or using them to play a board game like Sorry, Jenga, or Chutes and Ladders!
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers, to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, exit slip, and more!!!
Looking for other holiday resources? I love this Christmas Around the World for Big Kids (3rd – 6th). Check it out here:
Christmas Around the World for Big Kids
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]