Cause and Effect: Hershey’s Kisses History
Main Idea: Owen (hippo) and Mzee (turtle) Friendship
Inferences Using Informational Text: Holiday Card Buying
Inferences Using Literature: Roman Myth: Cupid and Psyche
Text Evidence: Conversation Hearts Candy
Theme: Folktale from India: The Lion’s Wedding
Reading Informational Text with Charts and Graphs: The Human Heart
Compare and Contrast: Two Valentine Poems
Reading Skills Page:
Figurative Language: Piggy Idioms
Activities I Love: Paragraph Writing Page
Places I Love: Paragraph Writing Page
Poetry: (includes a directions and examples page for each)
Valentine Color Poem Writing Page
Valentine Number Poem Writing Page
Valentine-Themed Most Important Thing Poem Writing Page
Piggy Heart Craftivity Template, Directions, and Example
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The materials are easy to prep and to use and the digital version is NO PREP!
- Students love to learn using holiday and thematic materials!
- The print and digital formats give you greater versatilty!
- This literacy set hits standards, while being engaging.
- It includes many reading and writing skills with different types of resources to keep learning fun!
- There are so many ways to use this resource, as guided reading, reader’s workshop, writer’s workshop, independent work, homework, literacy centers, substitute plans, and more!!!
If you’re looking for more Winter materials, please check these out:
Happy Valentine’s Day!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].