Harriet Tubman (Close Reading)
Clara Barton (Close Reading)
Amelia Earhart (Main Idea)
Georgia O’Keeffe (Main Idea)
Malala Yousafzai (Main Idea)
Bessie Coleman (Cause and Effect)
Deborah Sampson (Cause and Effect)
Ruby Bridges (Inferences Using Informational Text)
Pocahontas (Cause and Effect)
Wilma Rudolph (Comprehension Questions)
Grandma Moses (Reading Skills Review)
Sarah Edmonds (Reading Skills Review)
Dian Fossey (Main Idea)
Maya Lin (Text Evidence)
Sojourner Truth (Inferences Using Informational Text)
- Women’s Suffrage (Point of View)
- Make a Timeline Activity
- The Important Thing Biography Poem with Directions, Examples, Research and Writing Pages (with an option of researching one or three notable women)
- Context Clues
- Figurative Language
- Venn Diagram for Sarah Edmonds and Deborah Sampson
32 Mini-Biography Task Cards for Shades of Meaning:
Includes: Sally Ride, Anne Frank, Jane Goodall, Nellie Bly, Molly Pitcher, Margaret Thatcher, Harriet Tubman, Joan of Arc, Helen Keller, Marie Curie, Sacajawea, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nellie Taylor Ross, Marian Anderson, Maya Angelou, Rachel Carson, Zora Neale Thurston, Billie Jean King, Sybil Ludington, Sonia Sotomayor, Ella Fitzgerald, Lucille Ball, Juliette Gordon Low, Martha Graham, Sarah Hale, J.K. Rowling, Frida Kahlo, and Mary Walker.
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The materials are easy to prep and to use.
- The print and digital format gives you lots of options for teaching and learning.
- The digital version is NO PREP and some of the unit is self-grading in Google Forms (Task Cards, Context Clues, Figurative Language, Main Idea Matching)
- You’ll be able to integrate reading and social studies.
- Students love to learn using thematic materials!
- This literacy set hits standards, while being engaging.
- It includes many reading and writing skills with different types of resources to keep learning fun!
- There are so many ways to use this resource, as guided reading, reading workshop, independent work, homework, literacy centers, substitute plans, and more!!!
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].