Specifically, this set includes:
Digital version in Google Slides (compatible by opening in PowerPoint with many learning platforms)
2 Technical Text Passages with Questions:
My Dad, the SkywriterA Vocabulary Page
Double-Sided Paired Text Questions Pages
Narrative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing Prompts
This Skywriting freebie is included in the Paired Texts: Fiction to Nonfiction Set for 4th – 6th Grades, which includes 82 pages loaded with 8 passages (4 sets of paired texts) including 2 historical (Revolutionary War Spies), 2 scientific (Kangaroos), 2 biographical (Astronauts), and this one…2 technical pieces (Skywriting). Plus vocabulary, paired text questions, and lots of writing too!
Why you’ll love this resource:
- Everything you need for the paired texts activity is ready in one place!
- The digital version is NO PREP and saves time for the busy teacher.
- Students really enjoy reading the high-interest passages!
- Each passage has its own set of comprehension questions, in addition to the question pages which compare the two texts.
- There are narrative, expository, and persuasive writing prompts for each paired passage. You can choose whichever one you’d like.
- The vocabulary component for each paired passage set is a great way to reinforce vocabulary.
- It can be used for independent work, at literacy centers, for partners or small groups, one on one, and more!
If you’re looking for more paired text resources, you might like this one:
Paired Texts: Fiction to Fiction for 3rd – 5th Grades
Looking for some thematic (but non-holiday) paired texts to take you through the seasons?
Fall Paired Texts: Fiction to Nonfiction for 4th – 6th Grades
Winter Paired Texts: Fiction to Nonfiction for 4th – 6th Grades
Spring Paired Texts: Fiction to Nonfiction for 4th – 6th Grades
Here’s a deeply discounted bundle with three of the seasons!
Paired Texts by the Season Bundle: 4th – 6th Grades
This set has short paired texts, with lots of myths, folktales from around the world, and fables:
Compare, Contrast, and More for 3rd – 5th Graders
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Downloading this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please direct them to this website.
Besides using this freebie in your own classroom, this resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™ or SeeSaw™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].