Imagine having a resource with everything you need to help your students write well-written opinion essays. This Opinion Writing Essay Bundle includes step-by-step lessons to target paragraph structure, topic sentences (opinions), transitions, three body paragraphs with supporting reasons and details, and effective conclusion paragraphs with final thoughts or calls to action. You’ll love using these easy-to-implement opinion writing lessons and activities.
No more spending hours prepping and planning opinion writing lessons. This explicit writing resource walks you through teaching the five-paragraph opinion essay process, helping you feel confident and ready for a no-stress writing block.
✅ UNITS INCLUDED ✅
- Opinion Writing Introduction Paragraph Unit
- Opinion Writing Body Paragraphs Unit
- Opinion Writing Conclusion Paragraph Unit
READY-TO-TEACH RESOURCES INCLUDING:
- Posters for Teaching and Student Reference
- Five-Paragraph Opinion Essay Structure Handouts
- Color Coding for Each Type of Paragraph
- Teaching Example Pages and Student Handouts
- Targeted Practice Pages for Each Paragraph Component
- Sorts for Each Type of Paragraph
- Sample Opinion Essays for Reference and to Color Code
- Writing Prompts
- Outlines in Several Formats
- Writing Pages
- Answer Keys
- Teacher Notes PDFs with LINKS to Digital
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Resource: ❤️
Comprehensive Coverage: Aligned to cover introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs in opinion writing essays, this writing bundle helps your students master opinion essays. Your students will receive step-by-step writing practice in short, meaningful lessons to keep them engaged.
Two Formats: The entire opinion writing bundle comes in print and digital formats to give you greater teaching and learning options. You’ll have the freedom to use one or both formats to fit your classroom needs.
Teacher-Friendly Features: If teaching writing has ever made you feel anxious or overwhelmed, this resource can help! With ready-to-teach lessons that are easy to implement, you’ll feel confident as a writing teacher while saving hours of planning and prepping time. Plus, you’ll have all the resources you need to teach an effective opinion writing unit.
➡️ ➡️ ➡️ This resource targets the following:
- CCSS W.3.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- CCSS W.3.1.B Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- CCSS W.3.1.C Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinions and reasons.
- CCSS W.3.1.D Provide a concluding statement or section.
- CCSS W.4.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- CCSS W.4.1.B Provide reasons that are supported by facts and details.
- CCSS W.4.1.C Link opinion and reasons using words and phrases (e.g., for instance, in order to, in addition).
- CCSS W.4.1.D Provide a concluding statement or section related to the opinion presented.
- CCSS W.5.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- CCSS W.5.1.B Provide logically ordered reasons that are supported by facts and details.
- CCSS W.5.1.C Link opinion and reasons using words, phrases, and clauses (e.g., consequently, specifically).
- CCSS W.5.1.D Provide a concluding statement or section related to the opinion presented.
Do your students need more practice with basic paragraph writing?
You’ll LOVE this Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle. It includes explicit writing instruction for color coding and outlining, topic sentences, details, transitions, and conclusion sentences.
⭐ Don’t forget to follow us by clicking the green star above. You’ll receive in app notifications when we post new resources!
Have a question? Reach out to us at: [email protected]
©The Teacher Next Door™
One purchase allows one teacher or homeschool parent to use this product in their own classroom. To share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Remember, this resource should only be placed on password-protected websites like Google Classroom™ or SeeSaw and not made available on public platforms or district servers.