Getting students to identify and quote text evidence can be so challenging! This print and digital Text Evidence unit provides a variety of learning opportunities to help your students get the practice they need to look back into the text to find evidence to support their answers. The entire Text Evidence Kit is differentiated into three levels and includes 10 color coding passages, 8 practice passages with questions, 3 games with 32 task cards for each, and RACE materials for constructed responses. Everything you need is here in this time-saving unit for busy teachers
Here’s what it includes: (Print and Digital)
10 Color Coding Passages: Each in 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions
The History of M & M’s
The London Tower
The History of Cotton Candy8 Practice Passages: Each in 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Bicycle – A History
The Planet Saturn
The Voyager Missions
Finding Iron in Cereal
3 Text Evidence Games (Each game has 32 game cards)
3 Colorful Game Boards and 3 Black and White Game Boards
Game Markers for the Tic Tac Toe Game
Editable Game Directions
RACE Posters, a RACE Template, RACE Examples (Please note…the RACE examples are constructed response examples. There are no related passages included for these, just the constructed responses to dissect and discuss).
Keys for Everything
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes with LINKS
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It is loaded with materials, from color-coding passages, to independent passages, games, and RACE materials!
- It includes both print and digital formats so it can be easily used in the classroom or for homeschooling.
- The passages are already differentiated for you into three different levels.
- The entire bundle is scaffolded, to provide step by step student support.
- The color coding passages really help students identify key information.
- There are so many passages, it’s easy to use several for spiral review or assessment.
- Your students will love the high-interest passages and the fun games!
- There are a variety of ways this unit may be used, from guided reading, to reader’s workshop, reading centers, whole class, one on one, and more!!!
If you’re looking for additional text evidence resources, you might want to take a look here. This unit has 8 passages, 2 color coding passages and a set of task cards:
Text Evidence Unit
You might also like this Text Evidence practice reading game for centers, whole class, or for one on one:
Text Evidence Game
The Text Evidence Game is part of a 10 Game Nonfiction Bundle, as well as a 20 Game Reading Bundle with Nonfiction and Fiction for 4th and 5th grades:
10 Nonfiction Reading Games
20 Reading Games Bundle
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.