It contains: Print and Digital
2 Color Coding Passages:
All About Tigers
8 Double-Sided Passages and Comprehension Questions Including:
The Wright Brothers
The Gold Rush
Make Your Own Fossil Cast
How to Make a Periscope
Maya Lin (designed the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial)
Mahatma Gandhi (this one also has color-coding)
32 Task Cards (a student record sheet and a key)
4 Graphic Organizers
2 Evidence-Based Terms Handouts/Anchor Charts
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Characters, Settings, and Events: Story Elements
Compare and Contrast
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Inferences Using Informational Text
Inferences Using Literature
Cause and Effect
Informational Text Structures
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It can be easily scaffolded with color-coding passages first, then independent passages, and task cards to reinforce the text evidence concept!
- The digital version works well for the classroom, homeschool, or distance learning.
- There are a variety of formats included, from color-coding passages, independent passages, task cards, graphic organizers, and more!
- The passages are high-interest ones your students will enjoy!
- The digital version is NO prep, and the printables are low prep for busy teachers!
- It may be used in a number of ways, from reading lessons to independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
If your students need even more practice, I have also created an even bigger Text Evidence Kit! It has 10 color coding passages, 8 practice passages, three games, as well as RACE posters and materials for constructed responses. This deeply discounted bundle is called the Text Evidence Kit
Want to try a Text Evidence Unit that was created specifically for digital?
4th Grade Text Evidence Digital Reading Unit for Google Slides
5th Grade Text Evidence Digital Reading Unit for Google Slides
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].