This Standards-Based Reading Assessment Fiction and Nonfiction Bundle for 3rd grade includes both print and digital formats (in self-grading Google Forms) to give you valuable information to help drive instruction. Each of the 20 reading skill sets includes three assessments (for a total of 60 assessments) with focused questions to target ALL 3rd grade reading standards.
These assessments are perfect if you’re looking to add consistent grades to your traditional grade book or looking for assessments that match your standards-based grading report card.
Besides using them as formative and summative assessments to help you progress monitor reading comprehension, they can also be used for guided reading, independent practice, reading intervention, reading centers, spiral review, or test prep.
60 Standards-Based Assessments (Print and Google Forms)
Teacher Notes (including a How-To-Use Guide)
Teacher Notes PDF with LINKS
Bonus: ALL 60 passages (not questions) in Google Slides to help you differentiate
Here are the FICTION assessment units included in this Reading Assessment Fiction and Nonfiction BUNDLE for 3rd Grade!!!
Elements of Stories, Drama, and Poems
Here are the NONFICTION assessment units included in this Reading Assessment Fiction and Nonfiction BUNDLE for 3rd Grade!!!
Reading Comprehension Informational Text
Why you’ll love this resource:
- Everything is here! No more scrambling to find standards-based assessments to target every 3rd grade fiction and nonfiction reading standard!
- The print and digital formats give you greater flexibility for use with your students.
- The digital assessments are NO PREP and are self-grading in Google Forms.
- The print version for each assessment has short passages and 5 questions on a single sheet of paper for easy printing.
- Google Slide decks (passages ONLY) are also included for all 60 passages. You may choose to use these passages to:
- Meet IEP and 504 requirements
- Highlight words or phrases for students
- Increase passage size and eliminate digital distraction for students
- Read the passage together (or to a small group) before assessing
- Add notes, task lists, or other helpful reminders to passages for students and more!
- The assessments make it easy to collect data for traditional or for standards-based report cards!
- These may be used in a number of ways from formative and summative assessments, they can be used for guided reading, reader’s workshop, independent work, literacy centers, test prep, and more!!!
- The assessments are Common Core Aligned but have no Common Core notations and coordinate well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
Still not sure? Try this FREE Characters Standards-Based Assessment and see what you think!
Need another grade?
4th Grade Standards-Based Reading Assessments
5th Grade Standards-Based Reading Assessments
Looking for more 3rd Grade Reading Resources?
Kids LOVE these interactive Digital Reading Units!
3rd Grade Digital Reading Fiction Bundle Bundle (10 units)
3rd Grade Digital Reading Nonfiction Bundle (10 units)
3rd Grade Digital Reading Fiction and Nonfiction Bundle (20 units)
Reading Games in print and digital formats make practicing reading skills fun!
Fiction Reading Games Bundle for 3rd Grade (10 games)
Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle for 3rd Grade (10 games)
Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle for 3rd Grade (20 games)
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
To use digitally, this resource may be shared with a teacher’s students in a password-protected learning platform, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed on a class/school website or district server or on any website that is visible to the public. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]
There are no reviews yet.