The task cards include information about these notable women:
Sally Ride, Anne Frank, Jane Goodall, Nellie Bly, Molly Pitcher, Margaret Thatcher, Harriet Tubman, Joan of Arc, Helen Keller, Marie Curie, Sacajawea, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nellie Taylor Ross, Marian Anderson, Maya Angelou, Rachel Carson, Zora Neale Thurston, Billie Jean King, Sybil Ludington, Sonia Sotomayor, Ella Fitzgerald, Lucille Ball, Juliette Gordon Low, Martha Graham. Sarah Hale, J.K. Rowling, Frida Kahlo, and Mary Walker.
This set includes:
32 Mini-Biography Task Cards
Student Record Sheet
Teacher Notes for Digital PDF with LINKS
PLEASE NOTE: This set of task cards is also included in my 86 page Women’s History Literacy Set for 4th – 5th graders which includes lots of passages with comprehension questions, activities, poetry, and more!!!
Women’s History Month Literacy Set
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with shades of meaning, while learning historical information.
- The task cards come in both print and digital to give you options!
- The Digital task cards are NO PREP and are self-grading too!
- The task cards allow you to integrate social studies with reading.
- Your students will enjoy reading the high-interest stories about women!!!
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students.
- You can easily turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac toe on a whiteboard or by using a board game like Sorry, Hi-Ho! Cherry-O, or Chutes and Ladders!
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers, to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, exit slip, and more!!!
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].
There are no reviews yet.