This page Wax Museum Project will help your students create a biography research report on a famous person. The culminating part of the project is an amazing Wax Museum event, where students dress up as the person they have learned about and stand “still”, like a Wax Museum, until someone walks up to them and presses the “button” on their backdrops. Then students give a short 3 – 4 sentence speech about that person’s life. Everything you need is here, organized, and ready to create a very meaningful, fun, biography research project.
This unit includes:
Project Directions for Students (includes an editable version)
Early Years Research Note Page
Later Years Research Note Page
Interesting Facts Note Page
Accomplishment Note Page
Timeline Example Page (an optional computer activity)
Bibliography Rough Draft Page
2 Press This Button Pages
Homework Page (for cover and backdrop photos, includes an editable version)
Student Cover Examples (2 pages)
Wax Museum Speech Directions (includes an editable version)
Writing Pages (Introduction, Life Story, Interesting Facts, Accomplishments, Bibliography)
Rubric (includes an editable version)
Teacher Notes (8 very detailed pages)
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The project includes a number of skills, from researching, note taking, organizing materials, writing, public speaking, and more!
- The teacher notes are very detailed and lead you through the project step by step.
- Students take pride in their projects and learn so much from the process.
- It’s a great event for parents and for the rest of the school who attend.
- This is a “highlight” type of experience that your students will remember!!!
If you like this unit, you might also like these resources:
Native American Report
Fourth Grade California Missions Project:
Fourth Grade California Travel Journal: A Research Report
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.