File Size: 3 MB
This print and digital Thanksgiving Literacy Set for Google Classroom (and other platforms) is filled with reading and writing activities for November. This unit works well for 4th and 5th graders and targets a number of reading skills like cause and effect, making inferences, text evidence, compare and contrast, and context clues. It includes Thanksgiving-themed passages, 32 Fact and Opinion task cards, poetry activities, and a persuasive writing activity too!
This resource includes: (Print and Digital)
Inferences Using Informational Text: The Wampanoag
Cause and Effect: The Mayflower Voyage
Text Evidence: The History of Mashed Potatoes
Compare and Contrast: Pilgrim Children
32 Task Cards:
Fact and Opinion for Thanksgiving Task Cards
Task Card Record Sheet and Key
Persuasive Writing Project:
Persuasive Essay Information Page on Turkeys and Eagles
Persuasive Essay Graphic Organizer for Note Taking
Persuasive Essay T-Chart Outline
Persuasive Essay Checklist
Persuasive Essay Writing Pages
Reading Skills Worksheets:
Figurative Language Worksheet: Thanksgiving Idioms
Context Clues: Talk Like a Pilgrim
Thanksgiving Acrostic Poem Directions and Examples Page
Turkey Acrostic Poem
Thanksgiving Number Poem Directions and Example Page
Thanksgiving Number Poem Writing Page
Keys for all
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The materials are easy to prep and to use and the digital version is NO PREP!
- Students love to learn using holiday and thematic materials!
- The resource includes a print and a digital format to give busy teachers more flexibility.
- This literacy set hits standards, while being engaging.
- It includes many reading and writing skills with different types of resources to keep learning fun!
- There are so many ways to use this resource, as guided reading, reader’s workshop, writer’s workshop, independent work, homework, literacy centers, substitute plans, and more!!!
If you’re looking for more materials for November and December, please check these out:
Character Education: Gratitude
Paired Texts for Fall
Christmas Literacy Set
Holidays Around the World for Older Kids
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].