These Text Evidence Color Coding Passages in print and digital (for Google Classroom but can be used on other platforms) help your students practice finding relevant text evidence. The text evidence passages are differentiated into three levels (which look the same at first glance) and work well in reading centers, for one on one, for independent work, or for homework.
Here’s what it includes: (Print and Digital)
10 Color Coding Passages: Each in 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions
The History of M & M’s
The London Tower
The History of Cotton CandyKeys
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes for Digital with Links
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Text Evidence Kit!!! It has 8 more practice passages (not color coding but quoting the text), three games, as well as RACE posters and materials for constructed responses.
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The passages are already differentiated into three different levels.
- The print and digital formats make it easy to use in the classroom or for homeschooling.
- These color coding passages are a great introduction activity to text evidence.
- The color coding is an interactive activity that really helps reinforce finding the key information in the text.
- The passages are engaging ones that your students will enjoy, like The History of Cotton Candy or The Fennec Fox!
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers!
- It may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader’s workshop, independent work, literacy centers, homework, test prep, and more!!!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 4th and 5th grades (there’s also a 3rd grade version)!
10 Fiction Reading Games
10 Nonfiction Reading Games
20 Reading Games Bundle
If you’re looking for more text evidence resources, you might want to take a look here:
Text Evidence Unit
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.