Here’s what it includes:
Digital Dragonflies Color Coding Passages: In 3 Different Reading Levels with
Questions (for Google Slides and other learning platforms)
Dragonflies Color Coding Passages: In 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions
Detailed Teacher Notes
This color-coded set was taken from the Text Evidence Kit, which has 10 color-coding passages, 8 practice passages (not color coding but quoting the text), three games, as well as RACE posters and materials for constructed responses!
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The passages are already differentiated into three different levels, which work well for most third – fifth grade students.
- The digital version is NO PREP for the busy teacher.
- These color-coding passages are a great introduction activity to text evidence.
- The color coding is an interactive activity that really helps reinforce finding the key information in the text.
- The passage is engaging for your students!
- It may be used in a number of ways, from guided reading, to reader’s workshop, independent work, literacy centers, homework, test prep, and more!!!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of print and digital reading centers that go well with this reading unit. There is a center for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games!
2o Reading Centers for 3rd Grade
20 Reading Centers for 4th/5th Grades
If you’re looking for more text evidence resources, you might want to take a look here: Text Evidence Unit
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Downloading this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please direct them to this website.
Besides using this freebie in your own classroom, this resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™ or SeeSaw™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].