File Size: 19 MB
These 14 sets of reading task cards (448 task cards!) in both print and digital (for Google Classroom™ and other educational platforms) will help your students practice a variety of important reading strategies including Cause and Effect (2 sets), Character Traits, Inferences Using Literature (2 sets), Inferences Using Informational Text (2 sets), Main Idea, Point of View Using Literature, Point of View Using Informational Text, Author’s Purpose, Text Evidence, Informational Text Structures, and Themes in Literature. The task cards may be used for whole class, in centers, or for one on one! They also work well for test prep or review!
This unit includes:
14 sets of task cards
To see a detailed description of each task card set, please look here:
Cause and Effect (Print and Digital)
Character Traits (Print and Digital)
Inferences Using Informational Text (Print and Digital)
Inferences Using Literature (Print and Digital)
Main Idea Using Informational Text (Print and Digital)
Point of View Using Informational Text (Print and Digital)
Point of View Using Literature (Print and Digital)
Text Evidence Using Informational Text (Print and Digital)
Themes in Literature (Print and Digital)
Author’s Purpose (Print and Digital)
Informational Text Structures (Print and Digital)
*****Also: Almost all of the task cards in this bundle are also included in reading units which include lots of passages, fun activities, and graphic organizers!!! Simply click on the links above and the description will include another link to the very complete unit too!
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with essential reading concepts.
- ALL of the task cards come in both print and NO PREP digital. The digital cards come in Google Forms™ and are self-grading.
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students, which gives them greater buy-in.
- The task cards are a great teaching tool for review and help you easily spiral reading concepts throughout the year.
- Your students will enjoy these!!!
- It’s easy to turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac toe on a whiteboard or a board game.
- The cards may be used for reading centers, whole class games, one on one, SCOOT, exit slips, test prep, and more!!!
Here are a few 4th/5th grade resources you might like:
20 Fiction and Nonfiction Games for 4th/5th Grades
30 Grammar Games for 4th
30 Grammar Games for 5th
Character Education Kit
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]