Do your students need more practice reading charts and graphs? You’ll LOVE all the targeted practice included in this time-saving unit! Watch students increase their reading comprehension using the six passages with 2 historical, 2 scientific, and 2 technical pieces along with diagrams, timelines, flow charts, and graphs to go with each. It also has a set of 32 task cards with different types of graphs, including bar graphs (both vertical and horizontal), pie charts, line plots, and line graphs, as well as three WebQuests, to give your students the practice they need in a variety of formats.
This resource includes:
6 Passages with Informational Text, Charts, and Graphs:
The History of Chocolate
Hot Air Balloons
How to Play Mancala
32 Task Cards with Charts and Graphs
Keys for all
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It includes a variety of passages with historical, scientific, and technical texts.
- There are a variety of formats included from passages, task cards, and webquests.
- The passages are high-interest ones your students will enjoy, like Tasmanian Devil’s or The History of Chocolate.
- The task cards are a great way to reinforce learning and have a variety of charts and graphs.
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers!
- It can be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reading workshop, independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading centers which would go well with this reading unit. There is a center for EACH READING STANDARD!!!
It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a yearlong bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
Here are two more of my favorite informational text resources you might like:
Informational Text Structures for 4th/5th Grade
Text Evidence Using Informational Text for 4th and 5th Grade
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
There are no reviews yet.