Looking for a way to make your reading conferences more effective and less stressful? This Reading Conferences set in print and digital has everything you need to make record keeping easier to save you time! Not only does it come with anchor charts, student conference forms, question stems, and bookmarks to help your students remember reading goals, it also includes a variety of record-keeping forms so you can choose one that fits your needs perfectly! There’s even an editable set of record-keeping forms so you can customize them however you’d like.
The Reading Conferences set includes a variety of the following formats to give you greater flexibility.
- Print – Full Page (for your record-keeping or spiral-bound reading journals)
- Print – Half-Page (to glue into composition sized reader’s notebooks)
- Editable – Selected items to allow you to customize
- Digital – Full Page (Google Slides or PPT)
This resource includes:
• Anchor Charts (5) in full-page and half-page sizes
• Bookmarks for Reading Conferences (10 styles)
• Class List for Reading Conferences in PDF and Editable
• Conference Schedules (3), month overview, a class list with dates, a class list with types of conferences (Individual, Partners, Strategy, or Small Group)
• Conferences With My Teacher in full-page and half-page
• Guiding Questions for Conferences in full-page and half-page
• Individual Reading Observation Behaviors Checklist in PDF and Editable
• Independent Reading Observation (notes) in PDF and Editable for one student or many students
• My Independent Reading Observation Reflection (full-page, half-page, Editable)
• Reading Standards Lists for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades in PDF and Editable
• Record-Keeping Choices (8) in PDF and Editable
1. Individual (1 per page) detailed with fluency, comprehension, etc.
2. Individual (6 per page) with title, observation, and teaching point
3. Individual (2 per page) with review, teach, plan
4. Individual (3 per page) with review, teach, plan
5. Individual (2 per page) with where he/she is, where he/she needs to be
6. Individual (3 per page) with where he/she is, where he/she needs to be
7. Individual (2 per page) with title, observations, and recommendations
8. Individual (3 per page) with title, observations, and recommendations
• Strategy or Small Group Record Sheets (3)
• Teacher Binder Cover in Color/BW PDF and Editable
- LINKS in the PDF file
- How to Use This Resource
Why You’ll Love This Resource:
- It will guide your Reading Conferences with question stems, anchor charts, and record-keeping printables.
- The question stems will help you ask meaningful questions for any text at a variety of critical thinking levels.
- Everything is ready to print or to use digitally and is NO PREP!
- This resource includes lots of different formats to give busy teachers more flexibility and choice!
- None of the resources have “cutesy” clip art images, so they can be used with older students for review or intervention.
Want to change or improve your reading instruction time? This HUGE resource has everything you need to launch and teach the first month of Reading Workshop and a yearlong framework of materials to help you stay organized!
Need more reading resources? I love having these ready-to-use anchor charts, graphic organizers, and question stems at my fingertips! Bonus…They include both print and digital formats!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]