This Native American Report allows students to use higher level thinking skills to locate important information and create a research report highlighting their new knowledge. This unit includes everything you need to organize the project, including a sample report. All of the directions and the rubric are 100% editable in PowerPoint!
This unit includes:
Student Project Directions (editable)
Presentation Directions and Outline (editable)
Research Note Pages (editable)
Report Pages (editable)
Student Report Example on the Navajo
Suggested list of over 30 Native American Groups
Teacher Notes (2 pages packed with information on how to teach this project)
Why you’ll love this unit:
- Everything is very organized and the detailed teacher notes guide you through the project process.
- The unit is fun and motivating!
- Students have some choices in this project which makes it fun for them and gives them greater buy-in!
- There is a sample report included to use as a ready made example.
- There is an extra credit project included if you’d like to offer extra credit.
- All of the directions pages and the rubric is completely editable in PowerPoint which means you can customize the directions to your own needs.
I have used this unit successfully with grades three – five. When I have a combination 4th/5th (like right now), I love to use it for both grades at the same time. Fourth graders research a California group and fifth graders research a group from the rest of the United States.
Thanks a bunch!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.