File Size: 3 MB
This Morning Work Freebie for 6th graders is a sample of ten days plus keys, taken from my comprehensive year-long unit, with a print and a digital version (for Google Slides™ in Google Classroom™ or PowerPoint) included. The Morning Work pages selected are a representative set, taken from the beginning to the middle of the year.
Here’s what’s included in this Freebie:
Print and Digital (Google Slides™) 10 Days of Morning Work
Reading (fiction and nonfiction), grammar, math, science and social studies
Teacher Notes (Find the Link on The Teacher Notes for Digital Work)
Want to take a look at the entire year Morning Work for 6th graders packet? It has a whole sheet of morning work for each day (Monday – Thursday) for the ENTIRE YEAR!!!
CLICK HERE for Morning Work for 6th Grade
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It includes a full page per day (not a 1/4th of a page, not a 1/2 sheet).
- It is an ENTIRE YEAR long unit that includes EVERY 6th grade Common Core standard for reading, language, and math, as well as social studies and science (NGSS) too!
- The standards spiral the entire year to keep skills fresh!
- The paperless version for Google Classroom™ can be completed online and graded together.
- Mondays and Wednesdays have reading, social studies, and math. Tuesdays and Thursdays have language, science, and math. Half of the reading passages are fiction and the other half is nonfiction.
- It comes in a print or a Digital version (Google Slides™ and PowerPoint).
- There is a detailed table of contents with standards listed so you can use the pages in whichever order works for you.
- It has engaging topics your students will enjoy!
- Lots of formats are included from timelines, to maps, charts, fiction and informational text passages too!
- It can be used in a variety of ways, like morning work, seat work, homework, extra credit, for homeschool, tutoring, and more!
There are lots of morning work packets out there with just math, or just language, or sometimes just math and language but as a teacher in a self-contained classroom, I knew I wanted to have everything included in my morning work. That’s the reason I created this resource with not only language and math but also reading, science, and social studies. Also, while this morning work is carefully aligned to Common Core standards, there is no notation on the worksheets to indicate that and they would work equally well for schools who are not common core.
Looking for other resources for 6th grade? Check these out:
Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle
Entire Year Latin Greek Vocabulary
Persuasive Writing for 3rd – 6th Grade
Wax Museum Research Report
Paired Text: Fiction and Nonfiction
Winter Paired Texts for 4th – 6th Grades
Thanks so very much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Since this resource is a freebie, it may be shared with other teachers. Please do not post it online without permission from the author.