This Morning Work resource for sixth graders is a comprehensive, unique type of morning work, because it has a full page per day (not a 1/4th of a page, not a 1/2 sheet) and includes three versions: PowerPoint (EDITABLE), print, and digital (Google Slides™ for Google Classroom™)! It includes EVERY 6th grade Common Core standard for reading, grammar, and math, as well as social studies and science (NGSS) too!
Here’s what is included in the entire year unit:
144 Editable Worksheets in PowerPoint
144 Worksheets in PDFs
144 Google Slides
Detailed Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It is an ENTIRE YEAR long unit that includes EVERY 6th grade Common Core standard for reading, grammar, and math, as well as social studies and science (NGSS) too!
- There’s a full page per day for Mon. – Thurs. (I like to keep Fridays open for catch-up projects or a soft start).
- The paperless version for Google Classroom™ can be completed online and graded together.
- The PowerPoint version is completely editable, so you can match the pacing to fit your needs!
- The standards spiral the entire year to keep skills fresh!
- Mondays and Wednesdays have reading, social studies, and math. Tuesdays and Thursdays have language, science, and math. Half of the reading passages are fiction and the other half is nonfiction.
- There is a detailed table of contents with standards listed so you can use the pages in whichever order works for you.
- It has engaging topics your students will enjoy!
- Lots of formats are included from timelines, to maps, charts, fiction and informational text passages too!
- It can be used in a variety of ways, like morning work, seat work, homework, extra credit, for homeschool, tutoring, and more!
Want to download a FREE 10 Day sample of Morning Work for 6th Graders to see what you think?
FREEBIE: 10 Day Morning Work Sample for 6th Grade
There are lots of morning work packets out there with just math, or just language, or sometimes just math and language but as a teacher in a self-contained classroom, I knew I wanted to have everything included in my morning work. That’s the reason I created this resource with not only language and math but also reading, science, and social studies. Also, while this morning work is carefully aligned to Common Core standards, there is no notation on the worksheets to indicate that, and they would work equally well for schools who are not common core.
Looking for other resources for 6th grade? Check these out:
Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle
Entire Year Latin Greek Vocabulary
Persuasive Writing for 3rd – 6th Grade
Wax Museum Research Report
Paired Text: Fiction and Nonfiction
Winter Paired Texts for 4th – 6th Grades
Thanks so very much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.