These Main Idea Games in print and digital will help your upper elementary students get focused main idea and supporting details practice in an engaging way! It includes 3 games (each with 42 game cards) that have different types of reading questions.
3 Colorful Game Boards and 3 Black and White Game Boards (print only)
3 Sets of Game Cards: (42 cards per set)
Set 1: There are 3 sentences and 2 are supporting details. Students are asked to find the Main Idea?
Set 2: There are 4 supporting details given but what is the main idea?
3. The main idea is given and there are 3 sentences. Students are asked to identify the supporting detail that matches the main idea.
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes for Digital PDF with LINKS
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Main Idea Bundle for 3rd – 5th Grades (CLICK HERE)!!! These games are included in the very comprehensive and deeply discounted Main Idea Bundle that has 5 differentiated passages, 3 sorts, 3 matching pages, 3 sets of task cards, plus this set of 3 games!
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The games are differentiated with three levels of difficulty, which makes them perfect for scaffolding.
- The print and digital formats give you lots of versatility in your teaching!
- The digital format means that ALL activities are NO PREP and are SELF GRADING in Google Forms.
- The games give your students concentrated practice with main idea and supporting details, so students get multiple opportunities to practice in a short time frame.
- Your students will enjoy the game format!!!
- Main idea can be a tricky concept and these games give your students a different way to practice the reading skill.
- The games are easy to prep and to manage.
- The games may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers, to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, and more!!!
If you’re looking for more main idea resources, you might want to take a look here:
Main Idea, Supporting Details, and Summary for 3rd Grade
Main Idea, Supporting Details, and Summary for 4th/5th Grades
Here are some other Main Idea Resources and are digital – drag and drop for Google Slides and PowerPoint: (100% original content)
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected]