Tired of scrambling to find cohesive materials for Reading Workshop? How about a time-saving bundle with a complete set of first month materials (lesson plans, anchor charts, graphic organizers, and more) plus lots of framework materials to take you through the whole reading year?
This Launching Reading Workshop and Reading Conferences Bundle comes in print and digital with a variety of sizes and formats (including many editable items) so you can customize it to match your needs.
Whether you’d like to start using the Reading Workshop model or if you’d like to change a few things to make your Reading Workshop instruction and organization a little better, this bundle has over 700 pages full of opportunities! Grab it now to make your reading planning so much more stress-free!
The Launching Reading Workshop Bundle includes a variety of the following formats to give you greater flexibility.
- Print – Full Page (for reading lessons or spiral-bound reading journals)
- Print – Half-Page (to glue into composition sized reader’s notebooks)
- Editable – Selected items to allow you to customize
- Digital – Full Page (Google Slides or PPT)
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Workshop: The Complete Kit! This bundle is included plus yearlong anchor charts, graphic organizers, and question stems!
This resource includes:
Launching Reading Workshop-
Quick Guide to Reading Workshop:
• Reading Workshop Overview
Lesson Plans and References:
• Lesson Plans for the First 4 Weeks
• Mini-Lesson Template (in full-page and editable)
• Reading Posters with Kid-Friendly Standards for 3rd grade (CCSS but no notations)
• Reading Posters with Kid-Friendly Standards for 4th grade (CCSS but no notations)
• Reading Posters with Kid-Friendly Standards for 5th grade (CCSS but no notations)
• Suggested Mentor Texts for Reading Comprehension Strategies
• Pacing Guides for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades (color, BW, and editable)
• Reader’s Notebook Student Covers (color, BW, in full and half-pages and editable)
• Teacher Binder Covers (color, BW, in full-page and editable)
• Reader’s Notebook Tabs (in PDF and editable)
• All About Me as a Reader (in full and half-page)
• Books I Plan to Read (in full and half-page)
• Reading Genres (in full and half-page)
• Reading Goals (in full, half-page, and editable)
• Reading Stamina Graph (in full, half-page, and editable)
• Record of Reading (in full and half-page)
Learning About Reading Workshop and Reading Comprehension Strategies:
• Anchor Charts (in full and half-pages)
• Anchor Charts – Notetaking version (in full and half-pages)
• Graphic Organizers (in full and half-pages)
Checking in – Accountability:
• Conferences With My Teacher (in full and half-pages)
• Status of the Class (in full-page and editable)
• Student Reflection (in full, half-page, and editable)
• Bookmarks for Reading Comprehension
• Question Stems for Reading Response (in full and half-pages)
• Question Stems for Reading Response Booklet (in color and BW)
• Reading Comprehension Task Card Question Stems:
1. Making Connections
2. Making Predictions
3. Making Inferences
6. Determining Importance
7. Monitoring Comprehension
• How to Write a Reading Response (in full and half-page)
• How to Write a Free Write (in full and half-page)
• How to Write a Stop, Think, and Jot Note (in full and half-page)
• Free Write Project Writing Page (in full and half-page)
• Reading Response (in full and half-page)
• My Reading Response (in full and half-page)
• Stop, Think, and Jot Notes (in full and half-page)
• Reading is Thinking (4 on a page)
• Book Recommendations Banners “Must-Read Books” and “Book
Recommendations” (color and BW)
• Must-Read Books (half-page)
• What are Book Talks? (in full and half-page)
• Currently Reading (one, two, or four on a page, and editable)
• Accountable Talk Flipbook (color and BW)
• Partner Reading Anchor Charts (in full and half-page)
• Talking About Books (in full and half-page)
- LINKS in the PDF “Quick Guide to Reading Workshop”
- How to Use This Resource
Reading Conferences –
This resource includes:
• Anchor Charts (5) in full-page and half-page sizes
• Bookmarks for Reading Conferences (10 styles)
• Class List for Reading Conferences in PDF and Editable
• Conference Schedules (3), month overview, a class list with dates, a class list with types of conferences (Individual, Partners, Strategy, or Small Group)
• Conferences With My Teacher in full-page and half-page
• Guiding Questions for Conferences in full-page and half-page
• Individual Reading Observation Behaviors Checklist in PDF and Editable
• Independent Reading Observation (notes) in PDF and Editable for one student or many students
• My Independent Reading Observation Reflection (full-page, half-page, Editable)
• Reading Standards Lists for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades in PDF and Editable
• Record-Keeping Choices (8) in PDF and Editable
1. Individual (1 per page) detailed with fluency, comprehension, etc.
2. Individual (6 per page) with title, observation, and teaching point
3. Individual (2 per page) with review, teach, plan
4. Individual (3 per page) with review, teach, plan
5. Individual (2 per page) with where he/she is, where he/she needs to be
6. Individual (3 per page) with where he/she is, where he/she needs to be
7. Individual (2 per page) with title, observations, and recommendations
8. Individual (3 per page) with title, observations, and recommendations
• Strategy or Small Group Record Sheets (3)
• Teacher Binder Cover in Color/BW PDF and Editable
- LINKS in the PDF file
- How to Use This Resource
Why You’ll Love This Resource:
- It will guide your Reading Workshop instruction with complete lesson plans, anchor charts, and graphic organizers for the first month.
- It has so many resources you can use for the rest of the year for a successful Reading Workshop!
- Everything is ready to print or to use digitally and the great majority is NO PREP!
- This resource includes so many different formats to give busy teachers more flexibility and choice!
- None of the resources have “cutesy” clip art images, so they can be used with older students for review or intervention.
- The Reading Conference Files is loaded with different record-keeping options so you can find one that will work out well for you.
- The huge Launching Reading Workshop file is separated into different sections, like “Quick Guide to Reading Workshop”, “Lesson Plans and References” and “Getting Started” (see subtitles above), so you can find what you need more easily.
Need more reading resources? I love having these ready-to-use anchor charts, graphic organizers, and question stems at my fingertips! Bonus…They include both print and digital formats!
Reading Skills Anchor Charts in Fiction and Nonfiction
Reading Skills Graphic Organizers in Fiction and Nonfiction
Question Stems in Fiction and Nonfiction
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].
There are no reviews yet.