Want to give your students focused informational text structure practice so they can have repeated practice in a short amount of time? These 32 Task Cards will help reinforce the concept of informational text using a short text. They come in print and digital and have five types of informational text structures.
Students will read a short description of an informational text passage and are asked which text structure would be the best choice to organize the information. The structures included are Description, Order and Sequence, Compare and Contrast, Cause and Effect, and Problem and Solution.
This set includes: Print and Digital
32 Informational Text Structures Task Cards
Student Record Sheet
Teacher Notes PDF with LINKS
***PLEASE NOTE…These task cards are also included in the 3rd grade Informational Text Structures Unit, which includes print and digital versions with teaching pages, independent passages, a flipbook, posters, graphic organizers, writing activities, and more:
Informational Text Structures: 3rd Grade
Need another grade?
Informational Text Structures: 4th and 5th Grades
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with informational text structures, so students get multiple opportunities to identify the text structures in one time frame.
- The Google Forms™ digital version is self-grading to save you time!
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students.
- The task cards work well in the classroom, for homeschool, and for distance learning.
- Students view task cards as more of a game, which makes them fun!
- It’s easy to turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac-toe on a whiteboard or a board game.
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways from literacy centers, exit slips, SCOOT, one on one, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
Looking for digital reading units made specifically for Google Slides™?
4th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Informational Text Structures
5th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Informational Text Structures
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games with a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 3rd Grade or for 4th and 5th grades!
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].