Want to review a variety of figurative language concepts at the end of the year? This set of 32 Task Cards will help your students practice identifying different types of figurative language. Students will read the phrase on each task card and determine whether it is a simile, idiom, metaphor, hyperbole, alliteration, personification, or onomatopoeia.
This set includes:
32 Figurative Language End of the Year Themed Task Cards
PLEASE NOTE: This task card set is also included in my End of the Year Literacy Set which has high-interest passages, activities, and more!
End of the Year Literacy Unit: 3rd – 5th Grades
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice identifying different types of figurative language.
- The task cards include the most common types of figurative language.
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students.
- Your students will enjoy these task cards!!!
- You can easily turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac-toe on a whiteboard or by using a board game like Sorry. Hi-Ho! Cherry-O, or Chutes and Ladders.
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, exit slip, and more!!!
Looking for more task cards?
Picture Task Cards for Cause and Effect: 3rd – 5th
Task Cards for Characters: 3rd – 5th Grades
Task Cards for Inferences Using Informational Text: 3rd – 5th Grades
Task Cards for Inferences Using Literature: 3rd – 5th Grades
Need a fun Memory Book as a great end of the year keepsake?
End of the Year Memory Book
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.