This Connections Between Text, Visual, and Oral Presentations Standards-Based Reading Assessment for 4th grade includes both print and digital formats (in self-grading Google Forms) to give you valuable information to help drive instruction. The three assessments ask students to make connections between the text of a story and an illustration to increase comprehension.
These assessments are perfect if you’re looking to add consistent grades to your traditional grade book or looking for assessments that match your standards-based grading report card.
Besides using them as formative and summative assessments to help you progress monitor reading comprehension, they can also be used for guided reading, independent practice, reading intervention, reading centers, spiral review, or test prep.
It includes: (Print and Digital)
3 Connections Between Text and Visual Presentations Standards-Based Assessments
Teacher Notes (including a How-To-Use Guide)
Teacher Notes PDF with LINKS
Bonus: ALL 3 passages (not questions) in Google Slides to help you differentiate
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Assessment FICTION BUNDLE for 4th Grade!!! (Click Here) This Bundle includes 10 sets of FICTION Assessments (for a total of 30 assessments) that are aligned to 4th grade Reading Standards!
Want the BEST DEAL? The Standards-Based Reading Assessments FICTION and NONFICTION Bundle for 4th Grade includes 10 sets of FICTION Assessments and 10 sets of NONFICTION Assessments (for a total of 60 assessments) that are aligned to 4th grade Reading Standards!
Here are the assessment units included in the Reading Assessment FICTION BUNDLE for 4th Grade!!!
Here are the assessment units included in the Reading Assessment NONFICTION BUNDLE for 4th Grade!!!
Why you’ll love this resource:
- Everything is here! No more scrambling to find standards-based assessments to target this reading standard!
- The print and digital formats give you greater flexibility for use with your students.
- The digital assessments are NO PREP and are self-grading in Google Forms.
- The print version has a short passage and 5 questions on a single sheet of paper for easy printing.
- Easy to collect data for traditional or for standards-based report cards!
- Google Slide decks (passages ONLY) are also included for all 3 passages. You may choose to use these passages to:
- Meet IEP and 504 requirements
- Highlight words or phrases for students
- Increase passage size and eliminate digital distraction for students
- Read the passage together (or to a small group) before assessing
- Add notes, task lists, or other helpful reminders to passages for students and more!
- These may be used in a number of ways from formative and summative assessments, they can be used for guided reading, reader’s workshop, independent work, literacy centers, test prep, and more!!!
- The assessments are Common Core Aligned but have no Common Core notations and coordinate well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
This resource assesses the following: Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text. RL 4.7
Still not sure? Try this FREE Right There Information and Making Inferences Fiction Reading Assessment to see what you think!
Need another grade?
Looking for more 4th Grade Reading Resources?
Kids LOVE these interactive Digital Reading Units!
Reading Games in print and digital formats make practicing reading skills fun!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
To use digitally, this resource may be shared with a teacher’s students in a password-protected learning platform, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed on a class/school website or district server or on any website that is visible to the public. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].