The Close Reading Using Informational Text for 3rd Grade is a 56 page reading unit with handouts, posters, and 8 different passages including historical, biographical, scientific, and technical texts. All of the close reading materials are designed to help your students practice digging deeper into the text. Detailed teacher notes about the process of Close Reading are also included.
Specifically this unit contains:
Historical Text (3 pages each):
The Statue of Liberty
The National Anthem
Biographical Text (3 pages each):
Scientific Text (3 pages each)
The Savanna Habitat
Technical Text (3 pages each)
How to Make Ice Cream
4 Close Reading Posters
Handout on Annotations
Handout on the Close Reading Process for Teachers
Handout on the Close Reading Process for Students
2 Templates for Student Responses (can be used with any text)
Detailed Teacher Notes
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Close Reading Using Informational Text Bundle for 3rd Grade!!! (Click Here)
Here are the units included in the Close Reading Bundle:
Close Reading Using Informational Text for 3rd Grade
Task Cards: Close Reading Question Stems for Teachers
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It includes engaging passages, reference posters, annotations handouts, and student response templates!
- The passages are high interest, like Chameleons or How to Make Ice Cream!
- After each read, the questions build in complexity!
- You’re able to integrate social studies with reading, as some of the passages have historical themes.
- The detailed teacher notes will help guide you and your students through the close reading process.
Need another grade?
Close Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grades
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.