This Reading Charts and Graphs Task Card set gives your students lots of focused practice interpreting a variety of charts and graphs and doing computation using them as well. There are horizontal bar graphs, vertical bar graphs, pie charts, line graphs, line plots, as well as pictographs, to give your students the practice they need in a number of formats.
Specifically, this set includes:
32 Task Cards
Student Recording Sheet
Task Card Key
*** Please note: These task cards are also included in my Reading Informational Text with Charts and Graphs unit for 4th/5th grade which includes lots of passages, graphic organizers, and more!
Reading Informational Text with Charts and Graphs for 4th/5th Grade
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with charts and graphs, so students get multiple opportunities to identify charts and graphs information in one time frame.
- The cards are a great addition to a nonfiction text features unit!
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than worksheets for many students.
- The task cards have a variety of types of graphs, so students get lots of varied practice.
- Students view task cards as more of a game, which makes them fun!
- It’s easy to turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac toe on a white board or a board game.
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers, to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, exit slip, and more!!!
Teaching Text Features? You might want to take a look at this unit! It has task cards, a Bingo Game, and great posters too!
Text Features Unit for 2nd – 5th Grades
If you like these task cards, you might want to check out these math bundles too. They cover every math standard for the entire year, including charts and graphs concepts!
3rd Grade Math Task Card Mega Bundle
4th Grade Math Task Card Mega Bundle
5th Grade Math Task Card Mega Bundle
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.