These Character Traits Task Cards come in both print and digital (for google Classroom and other top educational platforms) and will help your 3rd – 5th grade students identify a variety of character traits. Students will be able to practice making inferences as they read a short story and piece together the clues to identify the main character’s personality traits.
What’s included? (Print and Digital)
32 Task Cards
Student Record Sheet
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
***PLEASE NOTE: This task card set is also included in my very complete Characters, Settings, and Events Unit which is also print and digital and includes passages, activities, and graphic organizers: Characters, Settings, and Events: 3rd – 5th Grades
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with character traits, so students get multiple opportunities to identify character traits in a short time frame.
- The task cards come in both print and digital formats.
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students.
- The character trait task cards help students develop vocabulary with a variety of character traits.
- Students view task cards as more of a game, which makes them fun!
- It’s easy to turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac-toe on a whiteboard or a board game like Chutes and Ladders, Sorry, or Jenga.
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways from literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, SCOOT, and more!!!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 3rd grades or for 4th and 5th grades!
20 Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Games for 3rd Grade
10 Nonfiction Reading Games for 3rd Grade
10 Fiction Reading Games for 3rd Grade
20 Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Games for 4th and 5th Grades
10 Fiction Reading Games for 4th and 5th Grades
10 Nonfiction Reading Games for 4th and 5th Grades
If you’re looking for more Character Traits practice, here are a few resources you might like. They may be used for centers, whole class, test prep, or for one on one:
Character Traits Game (for 3rd grade)
Character Traits Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Famous American Character Traits Task Cards (for 3rd – 5th grades)
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].