Looking for a complete resource that includes everything you need to teach cause and effect using informational text? It’s here! This Cause and Effect Using Informational Text unit comes in print and digital and includes 6 passages (historical, scientific, and technical), graphic organizers, posters, and two sets of 32 task cards that are specifically designed to target reading strategies using nonfiction text.
Besides getting targeted cause and effect practice, your students will enjoy the passages with high-interest topics that will capture their interest.
32 Picture Task Cards
32 Animal Task Cards
10 Graphic Organizers
6 Cause and Effect Posters
Cause and Effect Clue Words Handout
Double-Sided Reading Passages in both Open-Ended and Multiple Choice Formats
1. Deborah Sampson (she disguised herself as a man to fight in the Revolutionary War)
2. The Pony Express
2. The Moon
1. Roller Coaster Physics
2. Making a Diamond Kite
Teacher Notes for Digital with Links
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the PRINT and DIGITAL units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Characters, Settings, and Events: Story Elements
Compare and Contrast
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Inferences Using Informational Text
Inferences Using Literature
Cause and Effect
Informational Text Structures
Why you’ll love this resource:
- There are a variety of formats included from passages, to task cards, posters, and more!
- It comes in both print and digital.
- The materials are all engaging and fun!
- All of the materials are easy to prep for the busy teacher!
- There are TWO SETS of task cards! One set has animals and a cause and effect statement and the other has actual pictures like burnt cookies, broken glasses, or flat tires.
- The passages come in two formats each and are high interest and cover historical, scientific, and technical text!
- The unit may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader’s workshop, independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
Need a 3rd grade version? The task cards, posters, and graphic organizers are the same but the passages are geared to 3rd grade:
Cause and Effect for 3rd Grade
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading centers that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading centers specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
10 Fiction Reading Centers for 4th and 5th Grades
10 Nonfiction Reading Centers for 4th and 5th Grades
20 Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Centers – Yearlong Bundle for 4th and 5th Grades
If you’re looking for more Cause and Effect practice, here are a few resources you might like. They may be used for centers, whole class, test prep, or for one on one:
Cause and Effect Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Famous American Cause and Effect
Task Cards (for 3rd – 5th grades)
Cause and Effect Task Cards for Winter
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].