This set includes:
40 Pages of Brain Teaser Questions
Editable Record Sheet
Why you’ll love this resource:
- It’s an easy way to encourage your students to think critically!
- Kids love the variety of questions and think they’re fun!
- The Brain Teasers can be used with the whole class without running off copies! You can use a document camera or simply ask a question and have kids respond. I like having students use whiteboards, but you could also do thumbs up or down, a simple raising of the hand, partner sharing, and more.
- You can use the record sheet for an easy fast finisher activity!
- You can throw the brain teasers in the sub tub to be used as a perfect “filler” activity for extra minutes.
- The Brain Teasers are an easy way to provide a challenge while allowing everyone to learn something new!
Each page is loaded with a variety of activities that are fun and engaging! Here’s a sample of a few types of activities your students will love!
• Two Truths and a Lie: Two of the facts about famous people from history are absolutely true, but one of them isn’t. Read all of the facts and have students guess which one is the lie.
• Would you Rather… Students must choose between the two items. There is no “I like them the same” or “I don’t like either of them” business!
• Find the Pattern: Math thinking activity. After coming up with the next two numbers, I like to have students tell me the rule mathematically
• How Many ______ Can You Name? Here the whiteboards would come in handy. I definitely set a time limit for this, or some students will go all day!
• Analogies: Once students figure them out, it’s a great idea to discuss “why” they work.
• Name That Continent: A country is listed, and students try to determine (Ok…lots of times they guess) which continent it is from. Here’s your chance to add some geography to the day!
• Which Two Don’t Belong: A list of words that fit a certain category. Sounds easy? Not always, since the words are very similar in nature.
• Scientific Questions: Food chains, landforms, solar system, magnets, weather, animals, and more!
Still not sure? Want to sample the FREE set of three Brain Teasers?
FREE Brain Teasers
Looking for some new Brain Breaks? This set has 100 task cards with over 250 ideas for simple, quick brain breaks you can use throughout the year.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.