The Back to School Procedures Game and Posters Packet is a 45 page packet with a Classroom Procedures Board Game, a set of 19 Procedure Posters, an extensive classroom procedure sample (The Teacher Next Door’s) and detailed teacher notes. Everything you need is here to help you get the year started well and to help your students internalize your classroom rules and procedures.
Game Directions (for 3rd, 4th, and 5th)
60 Classroom Procedure Scenario Cards (What would you do if…)
An editable card template (to add additional procedures if you’d like)
3 Title Posters (Procedure of the Day, Procedure of the Week, Procedure in the Spotlight)
16 Procedure Topic Posters (pencils, restrooms, moving around in the room…)
A Sample Set of Very Detailed Procedures
Detailed Teacher Notes
Why you’ll love this resource:
- This is a great way to reinforce procedures at Back to School time, after Winter Break, or any time your class needs a bit of reviewing!
- The board game format makes procedures practice fun!
- The procedures cards have everyday real life scenarios your students can discuss (What do I do if I need a new pencil? What do I do when I need to use the restroom during a lesson? What do I do when we walk past a classroom with kids working inside?..).
- The cards are great by themselves as a discussion tool. You can keep a stack of these on your desk and grab 2 – 3 whenever you have a few minutes of extra time during transitions.
- The posters can be used in a number of ways, with suggestions listed in the teacher notes!
- There is a list of classroom procedures I use in my own classroom. I keep these as a reference or reminder for myself (not as a handout for kids). I am hoping that by including these, it might help you come up with your own list.
If you need some fresh Back to School Activities, I have lots of fun sets here! Each set contains 32 task cards with scenarios that are similar to the ones found in the Star Procedures Game but with different questions.
Back to School Activities for Fifth Grade
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.