Looking for a ready-to-use, tried and true, Back to School resource? This Back to School Activities Unit for 3rd – 5th Grades has lots of meaningful activities, including printables, two sets of task cards, a writing activity, math activities, and more to keep your kids busy learning and building a classroom community the first week of school.
The goal of these activities, besides student learning, is to provide you, as a teacher, a simple way to get to know your students while allowing them to get to know one another and helping them make the transition to a new classroom.
This unit includes: (Print and Digital)
Learning About Students:
Getting to Know You – Student Questionnaire
Tell Me About Your Child – Parent Questionnaire
All About Me Pennant
All About My First Day in ____ Grade (or Year ____)
Compare and Contrast Classrooms
Find Someone Who
Two Truths and a Lie
Four Corners ( In a List Format and Task Cards)
Stand Up If…
Would You Rather…
Compare and Contrast Friends (for classmates or a fun buddy activity)Social Emotional Learning (SEL) – Classroom Community Building
A Good Friend
A Good Teacher
Bucket Fillers/Bucket Dippers
What Should You Do at School? – Task Cards
100% Smart – Circle Graph Activity
The Wonderful, Fantastic, So Good, Awesome Day (Writing Activity)
Math About Me
Class Favorites Graph
Why you’ll love this resource:
- The activities are designed to help you get to know your students as they get to know each other.
- All of the resources come in both print and digital.
- This unit was created for Google Classroom but can be used in many top educational platforms!
- The activities are engaging and will keep your students busy working and learning!
- Everything is easy to prep and manage. The Digital is NO PREP!
- Detailed teacher notes are included.
- There are a variety of activities included, which may be used as a whole class, independently, in small groups, and at centers.
- Some of the activities give you a first glimpse into a student’s abilities and needs.
- Many of the activities set the tone for a positive classroom environment!
- It also includes a UK, Canada, and Australia versions for both print and digital!
Need some more great resources for the whole year?
Character Education for the Entire Year
Brain Breaks: Games, Exercises, and Creative Movement for Better Learning
Best wishes to you for a new school year!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: [email protected].